Brand Against the Machine

Published 4 years ago in Social Media Marketing - 11 Comments

I had the opportunity to interview John Morgan, author of Brand Against the Machine: How to Build Your Brand, Cut Through the Marketing Noise, and Stand Out from the Competition (affil link) and get his candid opinion on some of the most popular questions I get asked from Social Media Managers on branding.

A bit about John: John Morgan is known as the Chuck Norris of branding. With his popular blog ( and being an in-demand public speaker and consultant, he is a globally recognized authority on branding and digital marketing.

I hope you have as much fun listening to the interview as we did recording it! That being said, we have a couple of disclaimers before you click play:

• This video is not yet rated. If you are challenged in the sense of humor department, don’t like the term WTF or are easily offended, this may not be the video for you. Just don’t say I didn’t warn ya!
  • This video has been edited to fit your attention span. (Trust me, I like to hear myself talk. It was loooonnnng… so please excuse the rough cuts.)
[jwplayer mediaid=”2075″] STEP 1:  Buy the book

STEP 2: Email your receipt to to get access to all the goodies!

STEP 3: Go enter our Twitter contest by heckling someone and use the hashtag #batm (You should probably mention me in your tweet @katebuckjr so I know you were entering our heckling contest!) I’m picking a winner on Wednesday afternoon!

Couchsurfing Ori - 4 years ago Reply

That was so much fun. I’m getting the book now. Thanks for finding rad / useful authors KBJ

Kate Buck - 4 years ago Reply

wow, @couchsurfingori:disqus – you listened to that awfully fast! LOL

Couchsurfing Ori - 4 years ago Reply

It’s almost as if I was there… oh wait… I was.  And… not to get all nerd-like (Now is not the time to get all nerd-like, Ori!) — but I downloaded it, and played it back in turbospeed.  Things at normal speed no longer stay in my span of focus. It’s almost as if I have Attnetion De

Anonymous - 4 years ago Reply

Yo, Couchsurfing Ori!

How do you download the video?  I tried right-clicking on it and got nothin’.

John Morgan - 4 years ago Reply

Thanks for the awesome interview Kate! We should do this more often

Hi - 4 years ago Reply

This book is fantastic! Thanks John – Happy Birthday Kate & Thanks for the referral.

Chris Eh Young - 4 years ago Reply

I love it when two of my favourite people combine to create compound-awesomeness.

UberdanSounds - 3 years ago Reply

Hey I actually rode the short bus and I’m definitely not special~!